Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, this includes weekends and bank holidays on a rostered basis. Including 2 days cooking.
We are looking for a highly motivated Department Lead who will directly manage two dedicated cooks and will supervise our team of catering staff in the kitchen and our café services. The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a healthy nutritious and appetising menu for patients, whilst also providing an attractive catering service to staff, volunteers and visitors in the Hospice Café.
This post will ideally suit an experienced cook or a cook who wishes to progress their catering career and who can demonstrate a vision of how catering services can be improved. The successful candidate should have a comprehensive understanding of the IDDSI frame work.
The Hospice of the Good Shepherd is a respected provider of palliative care for residents of Cheshire West and Chester and Deeside. We provide services free of charge to patients and families facing life limiting illnesses.
You will receive a range of benefits and support, including:
- A pro rata allowance of a generous 28 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- A staff support programme, confidential counselling and occupational health services.
- Free parking.
- Opportunity to join the Hospice pension scheme.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities, including induction and development.
- Mixture of Operational Shifts (7am-5.30pm) and Administration Days (Flexible)
This post is subject to a Standard DBS check.
For further information about the role please contact Emily Done, Facilities Manager, Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org, 01244 851091.
Closing Date: 20 January 2021